Gambia Youngster Nominated For CAF Youth Player Award
By Foday Jatta.
The Gambia international and Atalanta young forward Musa Barrow is nominated for the CAF youth player of the year award.
The Gambia international got the recognition from Confideration of African Football body (CAF) for his recent rise for both his club, Atalanta and country, The Gambia.
Musa Barrow and fifteen other young African players are in the run in for the prestigious award, CAF Online can confirm. The former Hawks trainee rose to be big occasions, in Seria A with Atalanta and has been consistently representing the Scorpions of The Gambia for over a year.
The 21 year old is one of the fewest Gambian players to play in the Seria A, Europa League and Champions League.
The Atalanta Coach, Gian Piero Gasperini trusted young Musa Barrow with his first Seria A start of 2019/2020 season against Seria A powerhouse and table toppers Juventus. Musa Barrow, may have missed a penalty but did assisted Roben Gosens to give his side (Atalanta) the lead before they unfortunately lost to the Old Ladies 3-1 at home.
Bellow is the full list of:
African Youth Player of the Year
· Achraf Hakimi (Morocco & Borussia Dortmund)
· Amadou Haidara (Mali & RB Leipzig)
· Amadou Sagna (Senegal & Club Brugge)
· Enock Mwepu (Zambia & Red Bull Salzburg)
· Ismaïla Sarr (Senegal & Watford)
· Krépin Diatta (Senegal & Club Brugge)
· Moussa Djenepo (Mali & Southampton)
· Moussa Ndiaye (Senegal & Excellence Foot)
· Musa Barrow (Gambia & Atalanta)
· Osvaldo Pedro Capemba ‘Capita’ (Angola & Primeiro de Agosto)
· Patson Daka (Zambia & Red Bull Salzburg)
· Samuel Chukwueze (Nigeria & Villarreal)
· Sekou Koita (Mali & Red Bull Salzburg)
· Steve Regis Mvoue (Cameroon & AS Azur Star)
· Victor Osimhen (Nigeria & Lille)
· Zito Luvumbo (Angola & Primeiro de Agosto).